Search Treasured MOM-ents

Friday, December 30, 2011

Desserts Incorporated

This year, I was assigned to do the desserts for our annual New Years Eve party at home.

I was itching to try out some recipes I have found online. Something that looks good yet easy for me to make.

I just love Glorious Treat's Rainbow Jello I googled during the preparation for the kid's birthday, hoping to add them to Kimi and Kenzo's Birthday this year, but was not able to make it because I was so busy with the last minute details days before the party.

Armed with a couple of jellos in different colors and a tub of cool whip to put in between each color. I went to work... for the whole day!

* Red (strawberry) Jello and a layer of cool whip
(...around 1 pm)

* At layer 3...
(...around 4 pm)

* Finish product
(...around 8 pm)

* Oooh la la!!! I hope these tastes as good as it looks :)

Kimi was so helpful with the cool whip layer. She does the wiggling of the cup from side to side to keep it leveled for the next jello. Thank you Kimi!

* Proudly made by Mommy and Kimi

* * * * *
As for the red velvet cupcake, I love chocolate and hubby doesn't like it at all. This is a good way to cover up the color of chocolate and probably get him to eat without realizing that it is actually chocolate-flavored :) he he! Fingers crossed. I just picked up a recipe based on the reviews and ratings I've seen. Simple! :) The better the rating, the bigger the chance that it's good, right?


I was a bit hesitant to put the whole bottle of coloring as the recipe called for. It was in oz , and I wasn't sure because all the cups I have are in ml... It turned out correct though. Thank you google and conversion applications!


I love the cheesecake icing. I could eat them without the cupcake but of course, I should not

* * * * *
Happy New Year

Wishing you all a sweet year ahead 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

wow looks very pretty mel! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...