Search Treasured MOM-ents

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Burnaby Montessori- The Closing Ceremony 2012

The Closing Ceremony was held at the Grace Lutheran Church near the Southslope Branch this year for a change, instead of the combined ceremony which was done last year at the church near Norland Branch.

* The Stage

* The Graduates
(L-R: Pamela, Yena, Samuel, Gabriella)

The kids worked really hard at perfecting the songs to sing for this special occasion.

The event are done as follows: The marching of the kids from the back of the room to the front, then, the graduates had their own march. Some words from Ms. Tanya then of course, O Canada song to start the event.


O Canada

O Canada! Our Home and Native Land!
True Patriot love, in all they sons command
With glowing hearts we see thee rise
The true north, strong and free
From far and wide, O Canada
we stand on guard for thee
God keep our glorious and free
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee


* * * * *

The little graduates had a special song performed. Kimi actually memorized this song (which she kept on repeating at home) and I was surprised that she was not part of the song number haha! Good memorizing Kimi :). The teachers actually did a great job in selecting these songs...


Leave the world a little bit better

Leave the world just a little bit better, a little better than it was
Leave the world just a little bit better, a little better than you found it
when the sun came up.

I'm only one and we are two
but there are others like me and you
Step by step and hand in hand
we can help our land.

Leave the world just a little bit better, a little better than it was
Leave the world just a little bit better, a little better than you found it
when the sun came up.

* * * * *

I got a bit of Deja Vu hearing this song, I used to hear this song being played over and over when my youngest brother was still a baby and we were still back in Manila.


I'd like to teach the world to sing

I'd like to build a world a home and finish it with love,
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow white turtle doves.
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company.

I'd like to see the world for once all standing hand in hand,
And hear them echo through the hills for peace throughout the land.
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company.

* * * * *

...and so is this song, a song I used to sing back when I was young(er)


Somewhere over the rainbow

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star, and wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops, Away above the chimney tops,
that's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow, why then, oh why can't I? 

* * * * *
This next song got me confused a bit. I heard Kimi singing a song that sounds quite familiar but I don`t recognize any of the lyrics at all... She says it was Korean and it was cute to see her singing a full song in Korean... Then she mentioned that the title was `Three Little Bears`, it finally clicked on why it sounded so familiar. This was the song from a Korean series I loved from a few years back, Full House. 

According to the teacher, this was the song that the kids memorized the fastest despite it being a song with Korean lyrics


Three Little Bears

Kom Se Ma Li Ga
Han Ji Be Yi Su
A Ba Kom
Om Ma Kom
E Gi Kom
A Ba Kom Mun Dong Dong Hae
Om Ma Kom Mun Nal Shin Hae
Ae Gi Kom Mun No Mu Gwi Yo Wo
U Su U Su Chal Han Da

* * * * *

The last song sung was a classic as well and a great song to end the concert.... Indeed, It is a Wonderful World...


What a Wonderful World

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, What a Wonderful World

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
And also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do
They're really saying, I Love You

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, What a Wonderful World

Yes, I think to myself, What a Wonderful World

* * * * *

It was a bittersweet moment to look at the board and see that the school year has finally came to an end.

* Announcement Board

* The Spread

* Old Student and soon to be new one, Kenzo

* Kenzo waiting patiently for his food

Kimi specifically asked to take a picture with a classmate, Eshaan.

* Eshaan and Kimi

...and of course, it won`t be complete with a picture with the three ladies that stood as a second mother for Kimi when she was in school.

* Miss Tanya, Su and Doreen- Thank you!

It was really a blessing in disguise to have you guys come in the middle of the school year and be a part of Kimi`s growth. You guys brought fresh ideas into learning and it really shows in the events and art works they brought home.


* * * * *
CLOSING CEREMONY 2012
Burnaby Montessori
Burnaby, B.C.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...