Search Treasured MOM-ents

Friday, June 01, 2012

Behind the Red Velvet Cake

It was a day to celebrate a new Canadian, my sister in law, Sabrina.

She came for a short visit for her oath taking which will officially make her a Canadian Citizen.

...and because of that, I decided to try my hand once again in making a cake to commemorate the event.

Despite the kids running circles around me as I mix the cake batter and do the frosting while the cake was in the oven. I kept my fingers crossed because this is the second time I am attempting to do a two layer cake and with almost no practice in between, I wish that I will be able to pull off a cake that will be presentable and edible.

* Red (for Canada) Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frostings

I decided to run a short shower while Kenzo was still engrossed in his TV show, I was wondering why there was a long stretch of silence while I was drying up and found him cleaning up the beater.

* Portable Dishwasher

Celebration is never complete with a short meetup with friends over a meal. We chose Hanwoori Korean Restaurant for practical reasons. Sabrina's a busy gal and we had to meet her after the oath taking, before her flight for that same night!

* The Original Mommies- now complete

* After the meal... 

*...and before we separate and said our goodbyes

* * * * *
HANWOORI RESTAURANT
Burnaby, B.C.

again,
CONGRATULATIONS SAB :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...