Search Treasured MOM-ents

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Undas 2010 in Canada...

Ever since I was 9, we spent November 1 in Manila Memorial as a sort of family reunion with our departed loved ones... This year, I found myself in a regular Canada routine of babysitting and in my office working away as if it is just a regular day. I am beginning to embrace new traditions (Halloween...) and hopefully be able to maintain old traditions in my heart if not in action...

I do miss the November 1's we usually spent in the cemetery. Waking up early with all our packed foods which will be shared amongst family. Cleaning up the mausoleum and trooping to other family or friends who came to visit their loved ones as well, litting up candles and paying respect to their dearly departed as well. Going to the popular grave sites... Ninoy Aquino's is one of the places we usually go to every year. I didn't the chance to take a peek now that Cory is also there...

It was always a tiring day after a Mausoleum visit because of the heat back in Manila but I am always happy to be able to get reunited with all the cousins and relatives... We were able to spend time to update each other with what's happening to our lives. And since it is a holiday in Manila, there is actually no excuse to skip the November 1 tradition...

For my own Undas, I would like to remember my Grandfather. The Gentlest, Kindest Grandfather I was lucky to have spent a few years of my life knowing. (F.Y.I. My youngest brother wasn't so lucky, he was born a few months after my grandfather died :( ) I used to remember the happiest part of my childhood was when he was still alive. There was a head figure in our family then and business was at it's peak. Family was all about love or maybe I was still naive that time he he! I remember though that I got to sleep more often at my grandma's after grandpa passed away to keep her company. I remember my cousin, Michelle beside me in bed and my cousin, Kingsley sneaking to our side just to...talk..Happy times :)


Thing were a lot different now from before but I still miss you a lot....

I know that it is the time to remember our departed love ones but what's more important is to let those who are still alive know just how much we love them... so give your family a hug and tell them you love them everyday... :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this entry Mel. *Hugs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...