Search Treasured MOM-ents

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back to school?

Now that I finally got my PR Card, the opportunities are closer than before. I can finally think about things that I can finally do because I am considered a resident... I have been playing at the idea of upgrading my degree in Interior design and have already inquired back in 2007. The amount for the tuition was quite high since I was just a tourist, but I was hoping that I can look more closely on this route now that I am a resident card holder. I hope that by doing so, a good job is just as easier to get with this added diploma.

I finally scheduled for an appointment with Art Institute of Vancouver, their office and downtown campus was located at West Georgia. I was on time for my interview. I hope that they would be able to credit some of what I have already took up back in Manila and I just had to get a few courses and....VOILA! a diploma....


...but things weren't that easy! There was an interview wherein they inquired about what I did back in Manila. If I do have a portfolio and showed me a couple of presentations before we got down to what I was aiming for.... THE COST and THE TIME it will consume before I finished the degree....

THE COST?- still enormous... higher than the first school I inquired at back in 2007 but maybe because this is because of the school? It is the first one I have actually looked into so I am not an expert on what school for Interior is the best here. The solution? FINANCIAL AID! Uhmmm... I am a little doubtful of getting one because I am thinking of minimum output at this stage since I have a baby and I am at the stage wherein I am not yet sure how much time I can put out on work so spending a huge amount of money on a degree I already have is quite...pointless. Another thing is that the interviewer said that there is also a way to lower the cost which was to challenge the subjects but I have to pay $50/ subject. Pretty expensive still plus it was a long time since I graduated, and the measurement here is different from where I came from. (Manila = meter, Canada= feet)

THE TIME?- I need to commit full time... hmmmm

I might check out other schools and try to find work. Good luck to me with the recession ongoing :) he he!

2 comments:

mich said...

good luck with this mel, wala bang mga short courses lang to just add to what you already studied before?

Mel said...

That's what I am looking nga eh kasi almost replica lang ng cpurse subjects ko ang subjects nila...sayang tapos i have to pay ilang times for the tuition pa compared to Manila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...