Search Treasured MOM-ents

Friday, May 01, 2009

Finding employment in recession...

HAPPY LABOR's DAY! Since it is LABOR's DAY in Manila. It is only apt that I talk about jog finding in my blog today since I am also in these stage right now...

It is doubly hard to find employment now that it is recession time. It also doesn't help that I don't have a Canadian degree to speak of and that English is not my first language.... But I believe that persistence is the key to get anything you want in life...

So where is the usual source in finding a job?

The best one is right at home clicking the internet with job search engines like Job Bank. You can also google the company you are eyeing and take a chance they do have the vacancy...

The most typical way is the conventional newspaper ad. With all the employment ads and free newspaper you will come across in Canada, it is impossible NOT to get a hold of an employment ad and an opportunity to find a job here.


The referral system is i think one of the easiest way to get a job though. If someone can vouch for you. It is definitely the easiest way to make sure that employers does notice you right away...

...Jobs may be easy to find... but good jobs do take more than just persistence i believe it takes luck and skill as well he he! So good luck to me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, I sincerely wish that you and Karl will find a good job sometime soon. :)

Mel said...

hi sab.... thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...