Search Treasured MOM-ents

Monday, November 26, 2012

For Better or For Worse...

Six years ago, I walked down the aisle towards my soon to be husband.

As soon as the door to the church opened for my grand entrance, I marched with uncontrollable tears in my eyes (sobbing loudly) as all the thoughts of going far away after the wedding finally dawned on me... Everything will be really different and my source of comfort (family) will be too far away. I'm so glad though that those fears were just that, a figment of my overacting mind.


I did the traditional vow and everything I've said back then was just that- words that has been uttered by countless brides to their soon to be husband.

...but now, I have come to understand what those words meant and reading those traditional vow were actually harder to live by when real life does happens. I can assure you that married life is not a bed of roses and it was a lot of work and compromising but all those fights were well worth it, for it was those fights that changed us and made us who we are today.

So on this sixth year, I'd like to post those vow once again... to remind me about what we promised one another...

Grant us, O Lord, to be One Heart and One Soul
From this day forward
For better, for worse
For richer, for poorer
For sickness and in health
Till death do us part.

* * * * *
Happy 6th 
Wedding Anniversary Bibi

I Love You so much

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...