Search Treasured MOM-ents

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Manila's street taho

Oh, how i miss the street taho in manila (soy pudding) with its sweet brown syrup (molasses) and pearls. I can almost taste it as I describe it here... I love this sweet indulgence of a drink so much that I even ask the guard at my 1st job to be on the lookout for the guy who always passed by our office to buy me some and even when I am at home, I always have a ready change waiting with the guard down at our condo just in case the seller does past by our house.
I just had to taste something like that to appease my cravings... It's a good thing that my hubby, K, was in a generous mood to drive me to two of the branches we found through the net which sells the taho, Canadian version, meaning just the soy pudding unsweetened or the one I prefer, sweetened. To my utter disappointment, the 1st address which was in Pender turns out to be a factory and the 2nd one which was in Keefer, and wherein I bought previous "taho" before, suddenly is close for business. Hmmm... I guess It is not my day.

I thank my hubby though for cruising around through downtown just to search this 2 addresses with me...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u made K drive around with you to look for taho?! poor K! um, here in states you can get it sorta (not fresh obviously) boxed.. Mom has a recipe if you want to make it yourself...?

Mel said...

I am a disaster in the kitchen...but sure send me the recipe and i'll figure out if i can make a decent batch for my next craving :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...