Search Treasured MOM-ents

Friday, March 23, 2012

Dinner at (Steak) Stake

I am fortunate enough to have someone (mother in law) to do the cooking for us regularly, so I was able to focus more on other home stuffs I need to attend to but when they went for a long overdue vacation, I go for a mini panic attack, thinking of meals that I can make for my family without sacrificing too much time preparing them.

I am so glad that I got friends every time I get into those situation. 

The first time that my friends were tested was when I was expecting Kenzo anytime and hubby and Kimi was the only family I had with me. My friend, Sarah, stepped up to babysit Kimi while I gave birth and send me food as soon as I came home from the hospital. My friend, Glenda, made sure that I got all baby items covered and had everything readied for me even before Kenzo came out of my womb.

This time around, Mommy Joy, took the time out of her busy schedule to make easy recipe available for me on her website (CLICK HERE) just so I would have some sort of a recipe when my trusted recipes are all used up. I am so touched with this little gesture of kindness. Mommy Jo, on the other hand, gave me some reliable websites to turn to as well for reference.

As for our dinner,

We had to check on what was left on our fridge and we got a pack of Tenderloin Filet Mignon. We decided to make a dinner based on the steak. 


Stone and Twinny came to our rescue on Friday's dinner, they went all out and came to our house to share meals with us.Stone did the cooking mainly, while I did the dessert (Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake) and the starter (mashed potato). Doing Double Dine In Date doubles up the fun and divides the work entailed in preparing something regular and make it much more special. Eron was able to come and join us as well.

Let us see what else we can conjure for our meals as my mother in law enjoys a month (or more) of vacation in the Philippines. I am open for more suggestions ;)

* * * * *
As iron sharpens iron,
so a friend sharpens a friend.

Proverbs 27:17

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...