Search Treasured MOM-ents

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Best Catch

I was a picky eater when I was young. When my dad tells us it was time to eat (My dad cooks...and he is a good one...), I usually peek at the dishes then eat as hurriedly as I can just to get it over with. That usually is the case, except when it is my favourite dish that is on the table. Crabs? That is my absolute favourite and that is the only time that I get to leave the table-- LAST. My mom also loves crab even if it means getting our hands dirty to get all the tasty meats inside every shell... We would do it. Eat crabs while laughing and sharing stories. I absolutely miss those days...

When I got married, I love the Market days every week in my new home. Karl's mom would go to the market and bring home fresh crabs from her "suki" (crab vendor which she buys from regular); she cleans the crab at our dirty kitchen and starts preparing the ingredients for cooking. I waited excitedly for the aroma to fill the dining room which would mean that lunch is almost near...

DUNGEONESS CRAB w OYSTER SAUCE...
Dinner, Canada :)
Here in Canada, I am in search of the crab that I used to have in Manila. We started with King Crab which I find “just expensive” but doesn’t deliver the same satisfaction as my crab. Next, came the Dungeoness Crab, they look almost alike and even if our version of crab is tastier this comes almost close to the one I fondly remembers... So I guess I’ll settle for this crab until I go home and have my best catch.... Manila Crab.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.....looks yummy!!! ikaw nagluto?
Honey Rose

Mel said...

Does flipping the crab means i made this hehe! Uhmmm... assistant chef lang ako with this dish... yummy siya hehe

Anonymous said...

Melllll :) I love crabs too... I'll cook you pag-uwi mo next year. Mwah :)

Mel said...

Will look forward to that... cant wait actually hehe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...