Search Treasured MOM-ents

Friday, September 19, 2008

My Bestfriend's Wedding

The movie "My Bestfriend's Wedding" has always been one my favorite movies of all time. I used to do casting roles on my own when I watched those feel good romantic flicks and of course, I play the lead role (Julia) thinking that I will get the guy in the end ;). The guy, being my long time crush- then... hehe! However, I was pretty disappointed when the movie ended up with Kimmy (Cameron Diaz) getting the guy and I can't get myself to hate her because she was so charming! A sense of deja vu came over me... Hey wait-- I also liked the girl my crush has been courting... uh-oh. The reality is making itself show even in my fantasyland.... I didn't know why I suddenly thought of the movie until I remembered... Today was my ex-crush's birthday... hahaha!


Enough about that, the train of my thought actually started when I was thinking of how we ended up with the name Kimberline Denise for our little angel. Karl was actually the one who insisted on the name Kimberline and as much as I would have liked to have the 2nd name start with the letter "M", I can't seem to find a perfect M-2nd name to compliment the first name he's chosen. All the Ms that I like also ended with an '-ine' like Maxine which would make our baby's name redundant on the last few letters. I finally settled for a different first letter for our baby Kimi but I insisted on calling her "KIMI" for her nickname... Maybe because K-MI (K is for Karl and mimi was my nick name when I was a little girl...) and the fact that Kimmy, from the movie of my long ago was one of my favorite character even if the ending wasn't...
Maybe happy endings doesn't always happen the way we perceive it but we get our "real" happy endings happen when we wait for the right one for us...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel!!! How can you have still remembered your ex-crush's b-day? I'll make sumbong to dhia! :( I love Kimi's name too. It's to tell the world that she is the sweet little baby of Karl and Mimi. :)

Mel said...

sabbie...

i told ur dihya naman hehe! Deadma :(... Past na yun.. siya naman present and future ko :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...