Search Treasured MOM-ents

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Holidays in Canada

November 11, 2008- A Day Of Remembrance here in Canada. Sort of like the National Heroes Day in the Philippines. I am getting acquainted with holidays in Canada and I can't help finding what it is equal to in Manila Holidays. It seems that they have a holiday in Canada at least once each month. I am not complaining if that would mean having Karl home for an additional day.

Elections in Canada is different in Manila. They still have regular work here, unlike in Manila where they don't have work for the day of the election.

The next holiday I am getting excited about. Christmas. I wonder how they spend Christmas here in Canada. I love all the decorations being available in each stores. They have different decors to offer per store unlike in Manila, wherein they seem to look alike from one store to the next. It's like there is just one or two supplier for the whole Philippines. I love the variety of the decorations, even the supermarkets have great decor selections... Hmmm, time to fish out some budget for the decorations here for our first Christmas...

And for my personal event in our household, Our little baby girl is finally turning 1 on December 4th. Sorry, can't resist adding this last bit :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...I love Christmas also :)

Team Och said...

Christmas in the US and Canada is way different from the PI. My mom always does her Xmas decor shopping here when she comes to visit. It's lots of fun, isn't it? Although, I would kill for a decent parol to hang up in my window!

Mel said...

I am actually searching for a good parol as well to add to our decor and for a Manila touch...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...