Search Treasured MOM-ents

Monday, October 06, 2008

In her Shoes...


I get something out of them! When I feel bad I like to treat myself.

Clothes never look any good...

food just makes me fatter...

shoes always fit.

I was able to catch the movie "In her shoes" on our cable. The story was about two sisters who are as different as day and night. One responsible (Lawyer sister, Rose, who buys shoes as a way to make herself feel better but doesn't wear them) and the other sister, who couldn't even hold a job and just loves having a good time, Maggie (Cameron). When a fight between the siblings ended up with Maggie leaving the house, and finding solace with Ella (Shirley MacLaine, the grandmother she accidentally learned was still alive), she starts learning about responsibility.

I love the poem Cameron read to her sister during the wedding... it reminded me of my family who I misses so much...

i carry your heart with me
-ee cummings

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it(anywherei go you go,my dear; and whatever is doneby only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)
i want no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you


here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which growshigher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww Mel :) I'm sure your family in Manila missed you just as much. I can only how much you look forward to seeing them again. Is Daddy and Mommy arriving back from their cruise vacation today?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...