Search Treasured MOM-ents

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reminiscing Shanghai 2004...

When I was still single, I remember going to places with my friends... One of the most memorable one is the Shanghai trip with one of my closest girl friend, Hannah. Those were carefree moments of being single and having fewer responsibilities and we decided to try our luck in finding a job in China. We ended up extending our stay to 5 weeks which was full of discovery and picture taking...

China, like Canada, has lots of parks and we went to endless parks and even went to trade fairs, museums and meet up with our ex-boss from Manila for dinner and just simply to keep in touch...
2004 June 06
Century Park


In Shanghai, we had to do all the chores. We had the eating covered since we ate outside most of the time. Sometimes we eat at fast food and some days we just splurge on some fine dining and treat ourselves to something fancy...like crab, but crab were expensive at that place and ended up eating the imitation crab (he he!).
2006 May 23

Yu Yuan Garden

Xin Tian Di



One of the funniest things that happened to us in Shanghai was when we had to operate the washing machine... (Operating it for the first time was hard enough but having to read them in Chinese characters was much harder...) and the dryer. One of Hannah’s favourite sweaters ended up way too small after the drying up... (Uh-oh) It was pure wool and we didn’t read the instruction on how to dry it. Now, I know that washing instructions ARE important. I do the washing here and I always remember that incident whenever I do the washing here... and it makes it less of a chore when I think about my Shanghai Washing Incident.

I miss those times... I wish I can go on a vacation with my friends when I go back to Manila next year...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...