Search Treasured MOM-ents

Thursday, October 30, 2008

To a man of few words... My Dad

I’ve always wondered every year what to get someone like you... A man who is contented with what he already has. Someone who knows that having some things is not important...but having those some ones which really matters. This year, I am very far from you and although getting you another gift may be the easiest thing to do for this special occasion, I’d rather tell you (at least attempt to...) just how you’ve shaped me into whom we are today...


You have always been a man of few words and you have taught me how being silent doesn’t always means that there is nothing for you to say but that you are listening. Even though you contribute little to our everyday family conversation, you make up with your actions. You showed me how actions may be more important that mere words. You have succeeded in letting your love be felt with your everyday action, you never have to blurt out the words “I love you” because we felt it in everything you do. You cook because there is no such thing as a husband or wife’s job for you, you did it just for the love of your family. Day in, day out, you took the time to make every meal special. You always help us through all those endless school projects. I love doing those projects because of the moments shared together... Thank you for the gift of your time and your patience.

You may not be aware but it is you who have given me an optimistic view of relationships. I have seen how a relationship “could” work in this world where relationship can easily be disposed of. You have shown my brother and me that a family should always be together, no matter what. I know that being in a relationship is not as easy as you and mom make it seem. Thank you for being an example to us. I learn that in order for a relationship to grow we need to compromise and accept the good with the bad.

Thank you for everything... and despite the silence. Thank you for showing all the love through your actions.
Happy 60th! We Love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel... You have a great dad. I'm sure you miss him. The same way I miss my dad despite everything. Sorry, I haven't written back. Been tied up. I'd be happy to help you sell those bags and watches. :)

Mel said...

hi sabbie....

miss you soo much... it's ok i know u ae tied up with things but will wait for next letter :) kimi has fever kaya wasn't able to update blog :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...