Search Treasured MOM-ents

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Words of Kindness, Source of Healing

I found something to past the time at work. Something fruitful.

I've found Focus on the Family. Months passed and numerous podcasts later. I have favorites that I listen to over and over. One of those is entitled "Words of Kindness, Source of Healing", a podcast that focuses on spoken words and how each word may uplift or put down someone. 

The speaker, Florence Littauer was really inspiring and I found myself moved time and again every time I listen to it.

It helped me get much more conscious with the words that comes out of my mouth for the anger may past, but the hurtful words, when said, will stay in the heart of the receiver.


Silver Boxes
By: Michael Bright


My words were harsh and hasty
And they came without a thought.
Then I saw the pain and anguish
That my bitter words had brought.
Bitter words that i had spoken
Made me think back through the past;
Of how many times I'd uttered
Biting words whose pain would last.
Then I wondered of the people
I had hurt by things I'd said;
All the ones I had discouraged
When I didn't use my head.
Then I thought about my own life,
Of painful words I've heard;
And of the times I'd been discouraged
By a sharp and cruel word.
And now clearly I remember
All the things I might have done;
But, by a word I was discouraged
And they never were begun.


Lord, help my words be silver boxes,
Neatly wrapped up with a bow;
That I give to all so freely
As through each day I gladly go.


Silver Boxes full of treasure,
Precious gifts from God above;
That all the people I encounter
Might have a box of God's own live.


* * * * *
Words of Kindness, Source of Healing
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, 
but that which is good to the use of edifying
that it may minister grace onto the hearers."

Ephesians 4:29


One vote a day will help me in a way :)
I entered a wee bit late so i am not expecting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...